A Trojan is the shortened version of a Trojan horse.
It is a malicious program that is sneaked into your computer with the intention of wrecking havoc through disguise. Usually, the user is misled of the intentions of the program. This virus is mainly used by hackers and cyber thieves to gain access to your systems and manipulate them. Some of the dangers of Trojan attack include
- Deletion of data
- Data blocking
- Modification of data
- Copying or Multiplication of data
- Disruption of commands or performance of computers
- Crushing your computer
- Spreading malware to all networked systems and gadgets
If Trojans are this destructive, you need to remain secure. Gigafixit is you idea IT solutions partner to protect your gadgets and systems. You get a comprehensive solution that safeguards your information and makes the systems more reliable. You will also access the internet and other networked systems with confidence.
The creator of the Trojan or the hacker has the ability to manipulate your system by installing other programs. The criminals can spy on you, access your information through the backdoor and even steal some of this sensitive information. Despite their destructive nature, Trojans cannot self replicate.
Classifications of Trojans
Trojans can be classified based on their way of operation once in your computer. Here are some of the classifications.
- Backdoor- it allows the hacker or attacker to continue working in the background without being detected. During the period of attack, the intruder can launch programs, display data, delete information, send information, receive and even reboot the computer.
- Exploit- this is a virus that contains codes and data and is used to modify or interfere with the software running on your computer.
- Rootkit- it conceals activities and objects in your computer. This allows the attacker to continue operating without your knowledge.
- Virus- the program replicates itself once it enters your computer. It takes up space and leads to multiplicity of documents rendering some impossible to use.
There are many Trojans with new once being developed on daily basis. In fact, some of them have given ideas to software developers and resulted into helpful malware.
How The Infection Begins
For any software to work, it must have a start mechanism. For most of them they have the capability begin running immediately the computer boots. It requires technical intervention to even identify this form of intrusion. For others, they start when you click on a file that is disguised.
Trojan Virus Removal
There are different ways of dealing with Trojans. However, it must be noted that new Trojans emerge on daily basis and circumvent the existing security measures. However, here are measures that are also always updated to counter these threats.
Use An Antivirus
An antivirus is built to detect and deactivate Trojans. It is therefore advisable to use it at all times in your computer. Ensure that the antivirus is updated to the latest version. Anti-viruses are either free or for sale. You have trial versions that help you establish whether an antivirus is good for you or not. These programs are not 100% able to remove the malwares. This calls for an alternative.
Manually Remove Virus
Manual removal of viruses provides a guarantee that your computer is safe. You must have identified the Trojan first. The best person to handle the job is an experienced IT technician specializing in viruses. Contact gigafixit for the most comprehensive support on malware and viruses. Their response is quick and comprehensive to cut down on the scale of damage. You will also get other services like cloud storage, networking solutions, backup and recovery as well as remote support at a reasonable price.
To remain protected from future attacks, you must use your computer with caution. Beyond installing and updating your antivirus, do not open attached files or click on pop ups whose source is unknown to you. With the evolving nature of malwares, only continued vigilance and IT support will keep your systems safe and running.